How to Speed Up Windows 10 Internet? or How to Speed Up Internet in Windows 10?
In this world of technologies, no one has time to wait for anything. Having a fast and intense internet had become an inevitable part of life. So no one will wait for a long time to load a site or download files. They will be going back of fast internet connection. Sometimes in a crowd of many, some feels slow internet connection when all others are getting a fast one. You can solve this problem by making small changes in the system settings.
Methods to increase internet speed
- Turn off updates
Without using any software, you can increase your internet speed using this method. There is a default option in Windows 10, “Windows update delivery optimization” that badly affect the speed of your internet connection. It should keep off always. But turning off will not affect your system.
This is just like decreasing an internet speed while we share our Wifi connection. If you are having a high speed internet connection, it’s good to turn on the update delivery optimization. Because turning on help many things regarding the Windows updates. To turn off your update delivery optimization in Windows 10, go through the steps;
Press Win key or click on the start button. Settings menu can be seen just above the Power option, click on that. You will reach the settings window now and scroll down to see the Update & security option. This option will take you to another window. Click on the advanced option. Now click on Choose how updates are delivered link. Turn this off in the upcoming window. If this option is turned on, when you face an issue in downloading Windows updates, your system will transfer already downloaded updates via P2P sharing like uTorrent or some other channels.
- Enable limit reservable bandwidth
Bandwidth is the amount of data that you are allowed to download at any given period of time. Sometimes you will not get a speed that an Internet Service Providers (ISPs) promise you, its most common reason is bandwidth reservation. Microsoft provide many hidden features to Windows 10. Even though they are useful, they will decrease the speed of internet connection.
By default, every Windows 10 uses 80% of your bandwidth, giving the remaining 20% for the internal use. So you will not get the complete speed of internet connection. Follow the steps to solve this;
Press Win + R keys simultaneously. It takes you to a one-time, interactive command prompt that can be used to execute commands. Enter ‘gpedit.msc’ into the field and press OK. This window can sometimes make or break your system by some simple steps. You can see Local Group Editor. Now go to Computer Configuration→Administrative Templates→Network→QoS Packet Scheduler→Limit reservable bandwidth. Double click on Limit Reservable Bandwidth and edit it. Enable it, give the bandwidth limit as zero and click OK.
- Clear browsing data
Cleaning all browsing data will sometimes increase the speed of your internet connection. To clear/delete the browsing data, press ctrl + shift + delete shortcut in windows 10.
- Contact Internet Service Provider
This is to ensure that you are getting the internet speed you are paying for. This is somewhat effective. Contact your Internet Service Provider to find how much speed you are getting and change the plan to next level.
- Change DNS Server
DNS or Domain Name System is playing a major role in determining the speed of an internet connection. Errors in DNS can decrease your internet speed. DNS changes the URL into IP when we type a URL into the address field. Thus we can see the website. Any errors in DNS will fail to display the websites. To solve this problem, change the default DNS our ISP give. Follow the steps to change the DNS Server;
Right click on your network connection and choose Open Network and Sharing Center. Just click on Change adapter settings and you can see the connections available. Then select the one now you are using and you can see the details there. Click on properties at the left bottom. Go to Internet Protocol Version 4→properties. Now you can see ‘Obtain DNS server address automatically’ and use the following DNS server addresses. Then turn on the radio button and insert the DNS address. Now restart the modem. This is one of the effective method to speed up your internet connection.
- Use internet download manager
To increase the download speed, the best method is Internet Download Manager aka IDM. But it need money to have the full version of it. There methods to get full-featured IDM version without spending any money.
IDM is the best download manager you can have. IDM gives you many features. It takes most of your connection and gives you a good level of downloading speed. There is feature to Pause and Resume your download.